Sunday, September 2, 2007

New Venue Found!

Yeah, we have a new venue. We'll be getting married in a old barn at a campground. We'd been there for a party in July and I thought it was a really pretty place. The barn can hold over 100 people and there is a beautiful suspension bridge for pictures. And we'll renting a few campsites so we can stay there for a few days.
Yup, we'll be camping for our wedding. Neither me or Mr A are campers. We don't own a tent and my sleeping bag is from junior high. I think it's kind of funny that two noncampers will be having a camping wedding.
We really liked that campground. It's about 30 minutes from our place, but you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. But there is a Starbucks about a mile away, so it's not totally roughing it. And this place fit our budget. A little over a $100 for 5 hours. There's a lot of grass beside the barn so we can get married outside and have food and dancing inside the barn.
Now there is no way I can get ready for my wedding in a tent. I'm not that kind of girl. So I'll rent a suite at a nearby hotel and get ready there. Mr A thinks it's an unnecessary expense, but I think he'll find it difficult to get ready at the campsite too. I might marry a grungy, unbathed version of Mr A instead of a clean and groomed one. I don't care. I love him and will marry him regardless.
I'm so happy. We've reserved the site and now I have to work on Save the Dates so people can reserve campsites if they are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.