Thursday, January 3, 2008

So Far....

I thought I would post about what wedding related items I've bought so far. First here are my lanterns that I bought so far:The silver ones are from Ikea. I'm going back this weekend so I'll buy 2 more little ones and one more big one. The copper ones with the colored glass I bought at Liquidation Warehouse. You can see the LED tealights I bought inside. I need more than the 5 I bought, but I wasn't sure if they would work. I'm glad they do. The tall gas lamp (which I think look like a bong) were purchased at Big Lots for $4 each. I bought 2. I wish they would had more. The top left one is kind of what I'm thinkingof doing, but I think I need more than 4 on each table.

I bought these buckets at the Goodwill. I don't know what I will use them for. I thought I would use them as centerpieces. Put flowers in them. But maybe I'll use them for the ceremony, perhaps to mark the aisle.
I bought this from another knottie. If I make programs, I'll use this to hold them. If not, I'm not sure what I'll use it for.I bought these from another knottie. She used them for pew flowers. She had 5 other buckets but sold them before I got to her. Again, I have no idea what to use these for.
More buckets that I have no idea what to do with. I bought 6. I was thinking of using them for forks, knives, and spoons since we'll be using plastic. I thought that would be cute. But I don't know.
I bought 7 of these citronella candles at Joann's at an end of summer sale. I'm going to tie a brown bow around each one. Tai wanted some of these to keep those mosquitoes at bay.
Hopefully I have some more stuff to show later this month.

2 comments:

  1. hi linda- i have had my eye on those lanterns from ikea also- not sure where i would fit them in though.

    for the buckets- flower look great in these... as do things like lemon leaves and maidenhair fern... my sister used shephards hooks to hang the buckets
    (with ribbon) with flowers in them down the aisle- looked beautiful. not sure if you are DIY for the flowers but if so- jsut use the green floral foam to get them to the right height...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought to check the end of summer sales for those candles.. but maybe mosquitoes won't be a problem in May. I can never remember if the mosquitoes are around here in May.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.