Thursday, October 12, 2017

Favorite Weeknight Instant Pot Meals

I love my instant pot. I use it 2-4 times a week. Here are my favorite weeknight meals. These are meals that are ready in less than an hour. All links go directly to the recipe.

Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
This one has me and Dad written all over it. Juicy pork chops in a mushroom gravy. Over mashed potatoes, noodles, or cauli-rice. Delicious and easy.

Hamburger Stroganoff 
We love stroganoff but I rather have it with ground beef than stew meat. You do have to cook the noodles separately but it's still a pretty quick meal.

Carne Guisada
Such a great twist on taco night. This is more like a Mexican beef gravy. I serve in a bowl with tortilla chips. You could also use it on nachos.

Chicken and Dumplings
This is my go to chicken and dumpling recipe but be warned it uses canned soups. So yummy and filling.

Pulled Pork
A staple in my house. But I really don't follow this recipe. I only included the recipe for the timing. First, I rub a bbq seasoning all over the pork, then I add 1 can of beer (usually something light such as PBR or Sapporo) but you could use stock, apple juice, or water. I also don't cut up the pork. I just add a couple of minutes to the time if it's a huge piece (more than 4 lbs).

Pork ribs
Another family favorite. I use store bought bbq seasoning and store bought bbq sauce. But again the recipe is good for timing. One thing I love about the instant pot is that you can cook straight from the freezer foods. But I would hesitate with ribs. Frozen they are too hard to wrangle standing in the pot and seasoning doesn't stick. I only use thawed ones.

Mac And Cheese
This is my go to recipe. I go a little heavier on the hot sauce (Frank's always). And another confession, I use Velveeta. But it come out so creamy. Tai used to love the boxed stuff but now I only make this one.

Spaghetti 
Another family favorite. I don't use meatballs. I brown ground beef using the saute function. Add a jar of spaghetti sauce, a jar of water, and noodles (any kind is fine. Just don't use angel hair). Confession: I hate tomato based foods. Can't stand chili and I wasn't a fan of spaghetti until I tried this one. I love it. I don't know if cause the noodles cook in the sauce or what but it's so much more tasty to me.

Lazy Lasagna
This is a pot in pot recipe. Take an oven safe dish like this one. I add pepperoni in each layer. So easy. I always have the ingredients on hand.

Veggie and Meatball soup
I use Weight Watcher zero point soup as a starter, then throw in some frozen meatballs (I use the Italian ones from Trader Joe's but the ones from Costco would also work). Cook on manual for 2 minutes. Makes tons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.