Monday, July 26, 2010

Portland: Part 1-The Food Carts

Whew! Just got back from weekend trip to Portland with Marta and Ashley. This is the first post about what we ate in Portland. Honestly all we did was eat so most of the posts are going to be food related.
Seattle has nothing on the food cart scene in Portland. It's not uncommon to see food carts every few blocks downtown and in the Pearl District.
Bulkogi.
Philly Cheesesteaks and Burgers. I actually saw this same cart 3 times. I think it was a mini chain.
Tabor. Ashley actually got a “snitzelwich”- a breaded and fried pork cutlet served on a fresh ciabatta roll and served with horseradish mayo and a paprika-red pepper sauce and lettuce. It was huge and we all had some.
Ashley and Marta also got Korean tacos from Boolkogi Taco. They liked them.
La Jarochita.
New Taste of India.
Thai Sky.
Brunchbox.
District Sandwiches and Spuds.
Smokin' Pig.
Bro-Dogs.
Big A** Sandwiches.
Ninja Plate Lunch.
Flavour. Marta got a waffle here and she said it was yummy.
Obviously we did not eat at all these places. We ate a lot but if I'd eaten something at every one of these places in one day, I would have needed a wheelbarrow to bring me home. So what did I eat?
Fried catfish and hushpuppies from:
The Swamp Shack. I was incredibly impressed with the fact that the guy made my food after I ordered it (so there was a little wait). No fast food here.
We ate at the food carts for lunch on Friday which was a great way to start the weekend.
Do you like eating at food carts? Is your town big on food carts?

3 comments:

  1. yum yum yum!
    I love a food cart (aka taco truck, roach coach!). I eat from one at least once a week. I've never been to Portland, but now I can't wait to schedule a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Food Cart Batman!!! I would have a hard time sticking to my WW points if I lived there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! This makes me wanna go to Portland even more!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.