Monday, December 9, 2013

Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld


After reading Leviathan, I wasn't sure about continuing the series. There were parts of Levithan I had to push myself through. I decided to give Behemoth a shot. I'm so glad I did. Behemoth was so much fun to read.

Behemoth picks up after Leviathan ends. All the world building that Westerfeld's did in Leviathan pays off in Behemoth. Behemoth was fast paced and engaging. I enjoyed catching up with Alek and Deryn. I loved how the story progressed and the how the characters reacted to the new challenges. I liked how Alek began to change and grow into the young man he will become. I liked how Deryn stepped up to the challenges that she faced. At one point, I thought Alek and Deryn would be separated but Westerfeld deftly kept them together. And Keith Thompson's illustrations really help sell the world Westerfeld created.

A great second book in the series. Can't wait to get my hands on Goliath, the third in the series. Others who shared their thoughts on Behemoth: Dear Author, The Overflowing Library, The Ranting Dragon, The Misadventures of A Teenage Bookworm, and Books For Ears.

This was my twelfth read for the Mammoth Book Challenge.
2013 Mammoth Book Challenge

1 comment:

Shiny! I love comments.