Sunday, March 30, 2014

What To Eat This Week

Another week, another meal plan.

Earlier this week, Erica posted about her Eat From The Larder Challenge. For the month of April, she'll be eating from her pantry, freezer, fridge, and garden. She'll be buying no additional groceries during April. I was intrigued. I do have a stockpile of food and it would be nice to eat it all and start fresh. So Tai and I went through our freezer and pantry made a list of the proteins we had available. We have enough for 14-16 meals. Unlike Erica, I will be supplementing those items with the fresh veggies we get from Full Circle and dairy. I am going to be more conscious of what we already have and make meals with what we have rather than buying additional food.

So Tai and I sat down to create this week's meal plan.

Breakfasts: Tai's taking cereal and I'm taking baked apple oatmeal and yogurt.

Lunches: Tuna salad with crackers and ham and cheese sandwiches.

Dinners:

Monday: Ham with sautéed zucchini and mashed cauliflower.

Tuesday: Hamburgers with turkey bacon and sweet potato fries.

Wednesday: Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and salad.

Thursday: Japanese Chicken Curry with sautéed veggies.

Friday: I'm out with some friends. Tai and Dad will have leftovers.

Saturday: I'm out again. I'll be making World Market's Eleven Bean Soup with turkey sausage for Tai and Dad to eat.

Sunday: Split pea soup with ham

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.