24 hour read-a-thon. I love the read-a-thon and look forward to both the April and October dates. Here are the five reasons I love the 24 hour read-a-thon.
1. There are hundreds of people participating all over the world. I love knowing that while I'm reading at my house, people are reading at their houses, with friends, at coffee shops, in their yards. Even though we all aren't reading the same thing (although it is super cool when you find someone reading the same book you are reading), it's fun to know we're all doing it together. Reading can be a lonely hobby but the read-a-thon makes it more social.
2. It give me time to read more books from tbr pile, my mountain of library loot, books that are just fun, or make a dent in a longer book.
3. Sometimes I can convince Tai to read with me. Sometimes.
4. I have so much fun pulling together a stack of books to read. I'll post my reading plans closer to Oct 18th.
5. Seriously, a day to read? How can you not like that?
Are you joining in on the fun on Oct 18th?