Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Beauty Roundup-Face

When you are getting married, the pressure to look good mounts. But I, like most women, spend time and money trying to look good on a regular basis so I don't think I need to change my beauty routine. I love talking about skincare products so I thought I'd share the products that I'm currently using.
I'm going to start with my facial products. I kind of see this as a regular kind of post.
I've been using Cetaphil as my cleanser for over 8 years now. I used Noxema for years (my mamma used it). But I found it made my skin tight. I tried some other fancy products like Orgins. But after reading so much about Cetaphil, I decided to try it. I love it. It's cheap and very effective. I have pretty normal skin. I break out infrequently. Cetaphil cleans just enough and never leaves my skin feeling tight.
As a night cream, I've been using Murad's Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex. I got this from my coworker who works part time at a beauty superstore. It's very light and sinks in so quickly. It makes my skin feels so soft! I doubt I'll actually buy it since it's $90. I'll probably go back to my regular night cream, cheapie St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. I think a 10 ounce jar was $5. It's not as wonderful as the $90 stuff but it does a decent job.
I put eye cream on every night. I'm not loyal to any one brand. Whatever is on sale, what I ever I feel like buying. I do have dark circles under my eyes. This is my biggest concern. Although one time I bought a cream to fix that and wound up with puffy, swollen eyes. I think dark circles are better. Right now, I'm using Nivea Visage Wrinkle Reducer. I've been using it for about 3 months. I don't see any new wrinkles. I didn't do anything for my dark circles but that's not what it's for.
As a day cream, I've been using Murad Essential-C Day Moisture with SPF 15. It came with the night cream. But I'm kind of nervous about using so much of the Murad product together. It seems that it's supposed lighten your skin. I don't really want to get lighter, so I'm trying not to use them together. So I have Cosmedicine's Primary Care Multi-Tasking Moisturizer SPF 20 which I also got from my coworker. I tried it this morning. A little thick, but felt nice. Maybe I won't put so much on tomorrow!
If you have an eye cream you think is good, I'd love to hear about it. I'll blog about my hair care products next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.