Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Recap:The Reception

Now, it's time for the fun. First, our first dance.
Despite the fact that we hadn't been really practicing, we did a good job. Our song is Far Away by Nickelback. It's been our song almost since we started dating.
I was trying to make him laugh since he was Mr Serious, trying to get the steps right.
Next the speeches, with Brian going first.
Brian and Tai have known each other since they were kids. Back then they used to get in trouble a lot. Now Brian works as a corrections officer and he's on a volunteer hostage rescue team. Tai kept saying "my best man can kick your best man's ass!" Brian welcomed me to the family and said I was stuck with him now. I can't think of a better guy to have on our side!
Ashley gave her Matron of Honor speech. I remember she said something about seeing me less now that I met Tai. That's how she knew I was smitten. Very true. Sadly, now that I'm old and married, I have less time for all the clubbing we used to do as kids. But we still have a good time. I can't wait for Madonna in the fall, Ashley!
Marta giving her Maid of Honor speech. She used the anecdote I threatened to use on her. The first time we met when was Marta was still in college. Since it was a Saturday night, she had been consuming some adult beverages and doesn't remember meeting me. We re-met after she graduated and moved back to the Seattle area.
Carlo gave an impromptu speech. Sadly I don't remember what he said. I'm sure it was a lovely speech.
Before the wedding, moments before I walked down the aisle, I had a small panic attack. Carlo rushed over and give me a big hug. He held me while helping me get my breath back. I can never thank him enough for that.
Now the cake cutting.
Here were are cutting the cake. We chose the fresh fruit which was a least pleased with. The tiramsu and the swiss chocolate were my favorites.
My honey preparing to feed me cake.
But I smooshed him! This had been planned. I was to smash the cake while he was preparing to feed it to me. It was very funny and everyone laughed!Yes, I licked cake off my new husband's face!
Well that's pretty much it. Unfortunately the music had to be turned off at 9pm so we didn't do much dancing. Which I was kind of bummed about but nothing I could do at that point.
It was a great wedding. We had a wonderful time. I was pretty glad to get out of my dress at the end of the night. The beading under my arms was digging into my skin (ouch!) and the bustle had broken. My hair was so secure in all those pins that it didn't move all night or the next day. I left my hair up until we got home the next day!
Now what? I have some details that I didn't tell you about before the wedding. I'll blog about those as well as complete vendor reviews and registry reviews.
All photos by Andrew Sengul.

2 comments:

  1. Your cakes looked like they turned out well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cakes, so pretty! I can't get over how lush and green everything looks!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.