Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Book Tally

I'm not going to say it a slow month.  I say that every month. I read as much as I could as fast as I could. Although this month I started to get mad at myself for not reading faster. I had so much to read and felt like I had very little time to. honest truth was that I read 3 awesome books that made it hard for anything else this month to compete. If reading ain't fun, I'm not going to want to do and then it becomes like work, right?

The Help by Katherine Stockett
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher
North Of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire
The Secret Currency of Love by Hilary Black
The Selected Writings of The Marquis de Sade (abandoned)
So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore (abandoned)

So 6 books this month. It was a good month for my Fill In the Gaps List. I read 3 off it which brings my total this far to 17!
This month brought my first abandoned book. The Selected Writings of The Marquis De Sade shortened some of his stories and paraphrased entire passages. Not what I was hoping for. I'll read the other 2 and see if they are the complete stories.
I also abandoned So Long Insecurity. It wasn't working for me.
I'll post reviews of A Local Habitation and The Secret Currency of Love later this week or next week.
Total this far this is: 20!

2 comments:

  1. You have it correct- if it's not fun then why do it??? There's no race to see who can read more...enjoy the books that you read and take your time. Unless, of course, the book is killing you to read and you spent countless days trying to finish it and then at the end you kick yourself for ever bothering with it in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't feel bad for "only" reading 6 books this month! Are you crazy?? That's quite a lot. Even if you only read 3 or 4 - that's a book a week.

    Don't get down on yourself. If you push yourself too much or think about it too much, you'll burn out.

    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.