Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Five Spice Pork Tenderloin With Hosin Sauce

Since it's cooler out I'm much more in the mood to cook. And when I mean cook, I mean prepare meals. I have two moods when it comes to cooking-1. cooking to satisfy hunger (ie nothing complicated just want food), 2. cooking because I enjoy cooking (experimenting with foods, trying new recipes). I've been in the second mood a lot more lately. I tend to do that with cooler weather.
One day I was in such a mood but had no idea what to make. I wanted something that would be ready in less than an hour. Since I was at the grocery store without access to my recipes, I decided to use my iPhone to find a recipe on my Whole Foods recipe app. And yes I now realize I could access my recipes stored on Google Reader with my iPhone too but anywhoo I used my Whole Foods app instead.
Since I was in a pork mood, I search for recipes using pork tenderloin and found this Five Spice Pork Tenderloin with Hosin sauce.
Imagine there's a vegetable like green beans in the empty space. Once I got home the desire to make anything more than the rice and meat left me. It was really simple to make. And it made a ton of food. We had plenty leftover for the next day. I would definitely make it again. And it would be great to serve to dinner guests.

1 comment:

Shiny! I love comments.