Thursday, March 31, 2011

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

I love the Wicked Lovely series. I get lost in this world so quickly. I'm so sad it's over! But what an ending! I think this was my favorite book of all. It combines the Dark Court with the Summer Court and the Winter Court. All my favorite character except Dev and Ani (boo!) are in this one. And that cover, gorgeous!
Darkest Mercy's got it all. Plenty of action, romance with happily ever afters! Huntsdale is in serious trouble. Bananach either wants everyone to bow to her or die. It's time to put aside grievances and mistrust in order to defeat her. I gasped several times (no spoilers) but found that I liked the way everything tied up at the end. I'm really sad for the series to be over. I hope Marr decides to write short stories in the Wicked Lovely world like Old Habits (which I still haven't read).
Others who shared their thoughts on Darkest Mercy: My Friend Amy, Book Infinity, Sarah's Random Musings, The Book Bind and Bookhounds.
This is the sixth book I've read for the YA Reading Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. I love YA books! :) I seriously think that I'll be reading them when I'm 60!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I will read book 3 and 4 one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first two; I've saving the rest for a rainy day. But it's good that the series ends well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have 2 left before I get to this one! Glad to know it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is designed beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.