Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"It was one of them long summers days when the sun's blazing on high beam and the grass is still cow-pasture green, thick and long around the tree bottoms, way before it gets burned off to a scorched yellow like it does in the dry days of August when you know summer's running out on you. It was also the first day, far as i can remember, that I made time stop."
pg 26 Knights of Hill Country by Tim Tharp

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Here is my TT: http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/09/teaser-tuesdays-92413.html or http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/09/24/tuesday-teaser-92413/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made time stop? Ooh, I wonder how he did that 'cause I need to that so I could catch up on my reading and sleep.

    My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely teaser! Wouldn't we all like to make time stop now and then? Hope you enjoy the read.

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, such beautiful imagery!
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/teaser-tuesday-september-24/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Teaser.
    It really makes me want to grab the book;... because making time stop??? right up my ally :D
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paragraph! I love the words "cow pasture green."

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.