Friday, September 20, 2013

The Fives

I spotted this one Here There Be Books blog and thought it would be fun.

5 books I’ve recently add to my tbr pile
1. Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman-I still haven't read Saving Cece Honeycutt but I keep hearing so many good things about Beth Hoffman. I just need to start read her books.
2. Awakened by Melissa Marr- I like Marr's books and I try to read whatever she publishes.
3. Blood and Beauty by Sarah Dunant- Dunant's another author I've heard good things about and haven't gotten around to either. 
4. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins- A supernatural Southern Belle? This one sounds fantastic. 
5. Wonder by RJ Palacio- Allyson Pearl gave me a few YA recommendations on Twitter recently and Wonder was one of them.

5 books I’m planning to read (in the near future)
1. Knights of Hill Country by Tim Tharp- I have high expectations after The Spectacular Now.
2. Where Did You Go, Bernadette by Marie Semple- I'm determined not to take this one back unread to the library.
3. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan- Another one with high expectations.
4. The Rathbones by Janice Clark- I should be reading this right now. I do not want to take it back to the library unread too.
5. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter-I need to see if it's worth the hype. 


5 books I own but still haven't read
1. The Host by Stephanie Meyer- I said I would read The Host before the movie came out. Oops.
2. Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer- I need to be in the right frame of mind to read Into The Wild.
3. Ruined by Paula Morris-A friend gave me Ruined last Christmas. But it sounds like the perfect fall book.
4. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen-I read The Peach Keeper last year and really enjoyed it. 

5. Enclave by Ann Aguirre- My friend also gave me Enclave. I really need to read it. 

5 books from series that I need to continue
1. Girls in Pants by Ann Brashares (Sisterhood #3) - I waited too long between books one and two. I forgot who a lot of the characters were. I'm determined to finish this series this year.
2. Rumors by Anna Godbersen (Luxe #2)- I'm not sure what's taking me so long to read the next book in the Luxe series. I've gotten it from the library but returned it unread. Too many books.
3. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)- I liked Shiver but haven't rushed out to get Linger. Probably the only books by Stiefvater I haven't devoured.
4. Valiant by Holly Black (Modern Faerie Tales #2) by Holly Black. Again, I liked Tithe but haven't even tried to get Valiant from the library. I know a lot of people enjoyed the series.
5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Divergent #3)- I guess this one is a gimme since it's not out yet.


5 soon to be released books that I’m looking forward to reading
1. Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and The French Kiss #3)- I have enjoyed each of Perkins' books so I'm excited for the next one.
2. The One by Keira Cass (The Selection #3)-Another series that's going to wrap up. I can't wait to see how it ends.
3. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick- After being blown away by My Life Next Door, I'm anxious for Fitzpatrick's next book.
4. Landline by Rainbow Rowell- I love Rowell's writing so Landline is high on my 2014 tbr list already.
5. Shattered by Kevin Hearne (The Iron Druid Chronicles #7)- I've really been enjoying Hearne's series and looking forward to continuing it.

It’s your turn! Which five books are YOU most looking forward to reading soon?

5 comments:

  1. Fun! I may have to borrow this one for a rainy day. Into the Wild is a fantastic book but it is a little heavy in some ways. I remember you asking for audio a few weeks back. Can't remember how long that one is but it wasn't terribly long and I really liked it.

    Where'd You Go, Bernadette is one on my radar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about five, but I just picked up Assassination Nation by Sarah Vowell today and I'm looking forward to starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can think reading over your list is that there are a ton of books I'd like to be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to read The Host! So much better than Twilight. And while I still loved the movie because it brought the book to life, the book is so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.