Sunday, February 10, 2008

Two Confessions

These are food related confessions. I'll talk more wedding stuff in the next post. Promise.
Confession #1. At work it's known that I like to bake and I'm pretty good at it. But my specialty is my peanut butter cookies. My coworkers love them so much, they'll pay me to make them for them. No lie.
I refuse to tell them my secret. They beg me to let them copy the secret. They beg me to teach them how to make the best peanut butter cookies. I refuse, but oblige them by making more. But today, here, I'll give you my secret:
Yes, I use a mix. No I don't add any special ingredients into it. I follow the directions on the back and make them exactly like the package states. But my coworkers love them. Tai, eh, not so much. He didn't think they were peanut butter-y enough. He has high standards :)
Confession #2. Making roasted chicken as always been difficult for me. I don't know why. It never comes out tender enough, or brown enough, or sometimes it won't even be completely cooked! But this week, I have succeeded!
I found a wonderful, fabulous deal on chicken this week-$.99 a pound on split fryers. I bought 5 packages and decided it was time to try roasted chicken again. I took my large roasting pan, and poured 2 boxes of veggie stock in, along with bok choy and green onions. I softened some butter and stirred in some garlic, fresh thyme, rosemary, and sage. I rubbed the herbed butter all over the chicken and roasted it. It had a nice flavor to it. The skin turned out all nice and crunchy. I can't wait to make it again!
I didn't really use butter. I used Earth Balance buttery spread. You could use butter or olive oil instead.
So those are my confessions. I feel better getting those off my chest. Although the peanut butter cookie recipe is just between us. Don't tell my coworkers. They won't keep paying me for cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.