Rachel! She's the Sugar Doll. Always so helpful with my home decorating questions.
The rules are that I need to share 10 interesting facts about myself and then pass this award along to 10 other bloggers. And in copying Rachel, I thought this might be more fun if I posted 10 interesting (or humorous) facts about me that have to do with Christmas or this time of year!
1. As a kid I had an obsession with Cabbage Patch Dolls. I carried mine everywhere. I desperately wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid Diaper bag:
2. Growing up we always had a real tree but this year I bought an artificial tree. I always said I never would but I changed my mind. Look for a post soon about our tree.
3. Last year our friends invited us to a Christmas Eve mass at a non-denominational church. I'm not a church goer but they said it would be fun. They weren't kidding. I can't wait to go back this year.
4. I love holiday movies. From classics like It's A Wonderful Life to cult favorites like A Christmas Story.
5. I can't sing to save my life but I love to sing Christmas carols. Tai and I will turn on Christmas songs and sing along!
6. This is my current favorite Christmas song:
Jeff introduced us to Straight No Chaser and I'm digging their Christmas album.
7. When I was growing up we would spend Christmas with my maternal grandmother. We always made tamales for Christmas. I remember my mom, my grandma, my brother all cooking the meat, spreading the masa, and folding the tamales. Dad would sneak a plate of the pork and a loaf of white bread and we would make sandwiches in the dining room.
8. My grandmother had a musical strand of Christmas lights. When I was a kid I thought it was something special that they only had in Houston. I would sit for hours and listen to the songs.
9. When I would come home from college, I purposely bought tickets that would bring back to Seattle at night in the winter. The view from the plane over Seattle looked like Christmas. The city all light up, the Space Needle with the tree on top, makes me incredibly happy.
10. Tai and I go a friend's house Christmas day where we have a white elephant exchange. There's always a few really good gifts in there (a Magic Bullet, a yogurt machine, etc). I always hope to wind up with something really good. Cross your fingers for me this year.
And I got this award from Tara and Jennifer. I met these 2 lovely ladies when we were blogging brides. I'm so glad they both are still blogging. I love to hear about their lives!
Ok- here's the award rules:List 10 things that make you happy, try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your makes you happy list.
1. Tai, my most amazing husband. So thankful for him everyday!
2. My dad. He's such a great man and I'm so lucky he's my daddy.
3. Good music.
4. A great comedy.
5. A book that sucks me in and is hard to put down.
6. My iPhone. I love being able to access the internet and get my mail.
7. Getting packages. I love opening boxes. It's like Christmas everyday even if I know what's in it.
8. Blogging and my blog friends.
9. Eating a great meal with friends.
10. Shopping. I love finding deals. The thrill of the hunt gets me everytime!
Alright both of these awards go to:
Peanut Butter Fingers
Blodeuedd of The Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell
Staci from Life In The Thumb
Jessica of How Sweet It Is
The Simple, Sweet & Silly Sophisticate
Tiffany of All That Blooms
Jennifer of Not Just Another Jennifer
Erin from The Ups & Downs of Being Me
Etta of Adventures in Holy Matrimony
Hannah of The New Black