Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Christmas Ships

I've been trying to see the Christmas Ships for years. It's either too cold, too wet or I remember too late. But this year Jen made sure I remembered. In fact Pat and Jen even drove me and Tai to see them!
Here are my terrible pictures. If anyone has tips for taking pictures in the dark on a point and shoot, let me know!

A bonfire on the beach.
 
The largest ship. I love the way the light shines on the water.
 
An impromptu picture of me and Tai. Jen took this and she made the ship look great.

4 comments:

  1. I've had somewhat good luck at night by turning down the exposure a lot so you don't get that halo effect on the lights.

    And a tripod is so necessary or setting the camera on something so there isn't any shaking.

    And that's about all I figured out so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tripod for sure. We have a nice one that folds to smaller than a foot long- fits in a back pack or purse. That said- I love the second photo and cute one of you and Tai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cool pictures...and I love the one of you and Tai!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a tripod is so necessary or setting the camera on something so there isn't any shaking.

    Make website india

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.