Friday, January 28, 2011

The Losers by Andy Diggle

I decided to read The Losers after seeing the movie. The movie was a little lacking but I can see why. The books get dark quick. It would have been hard to translate. And the movie only really covers Book 1. I imagine they could make a sequel using the material from Book 2 but I think it would be even harder to translate into a good movie.
The Losers are a black ops military team sent, in the beginning, on a mission to kill a terrorist. Things go south quickly and The Losers find themselves persona non gratis. These books are the story of how The Losers try to set things straight and the man who wants to change the world to suit him. The Losers are pretty bad ass especially Aisha (who's not a Loser but teams up with them). I'd love to see a series of prequels about all the characters. Anyway, good story, great characters, awesome bad guy.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, oh yes I have seen the movie..I wasn't impressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the movie yet but I've seen the posters around a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of the movie...I dont' think so anyway. Are these graphic novels??

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound interesting. I'd never even heard of the movie to be honest but the books look good.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.