Monday, May 9, 2011
35 Things I Know To Be True
1. I have a lot of trouble reading classics. I haven't read one recently that I absolutely loved.
2. I love bacon, coffee and chocolate. A fantastic day includes all three.
3. My husband is wonderful and my perfect partner.
4. I prefer my hair longer.
5. I enjoy traveling. It restores me.
6. I'm kind of addicted to Facebook and Farmville.
7. Say what you got say when you need to say.
8. Everything can be repaired. Sometimes it takes time.
9. Good friends will be there when you need them.
10. Don't waste your time on those who hurt you.
11. Enjoy what you eat.
12. Invest in relationships that feed you.
13. Kindness returns kindness. Being a jerk doesn't get you anywhere.
14. Sometimes I need a long car ride.
15. Wandering through Target (or Costco) can be good for the soul.
16. I need to purge my clothes closet. I'm hanging on to way too much crap.
17. I love animated movies.
18. Don't pierce someone's nipple in your college bathroom. It doesn't work out well.
19. I try to do something new everyday.
20. I wish I would have dyed my hair an odd color (like purple or pink) when I was younger. I think it's too late now.
21. Invest in good bras, the right color foundation and good food.
22. Sometimes you need a break. Take one when you need it. Don't wait for someone to say you can.
23. Get a good night's sleep every night. Your body needs it.
24. Learn return on investment (ROI). I use it to make more of my decisions. It's saved me a lot of time and money.
25. Smile at people. It makes them feel better and you will too.
26. Sometimes I feel better after a good cry followed by a good laugh.
27. Keep things that make you happy. Toss the rest.
28. Baking is too regimented for me. I prefer cooking where I can make it up as I go along.
29. Learn from others but don't imitate them.
30. Be ok with your choices. Sometimes you might not like the result but enjoy the ride.
31. Television shows and books geared to teens are my kind of entertainment.
32. I enjoy a good glass of wine, beer, ice tea or whiskey.
33. I love wearing makeup but I don't like lipstick.
34. I'm excited about my new Dyson. I can't wait for it to get here tomorrow.
35. Don't be hard on yourself. Learn what you can do and what you need help with.
It took me a long time to learn some of these. I'm still learning. I can't wait to see what the list will include in another 35 years.