Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baked Oatmeal Rounds

In an effort to raise my good cholesterol and lower my bad cholesterol, I'm trying to add more fiber to my diet. I thought I was going pretty good. I eat oatmeal every morning. But it turns out my one serving of oatmeal only gives me 1 measly gram of fiber. And since fiber helps keep you fuller longer, I decided to make some sort of fiber-y snack for the afternoons. So I made Baked Oatmeal Rounds:
I took this baked oatmeal recipe, subbed raisins for dried cranberries, added pecans (cause I had some laying around) and poured the mix into my muffin pan. I followed the rest of the directions. I can take 2 for an afternoon snack. Filling and yummy. And each round has 2 grams of fiber!
What's your favorite way to add fiber to your diet?

3 comments:

  1. My husband seriously needs more fiber in his diet. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really yummy! I had no idea that a bowl of oatmeal had so little fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great Linda. I need to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.