Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Turkey Sliders

I've fallen in love with turkey. I love making turkey meatloaf and turkey burgers. Over the weekend I tried turkey sliders.
After talking to a friend about Trader Joes' 21 Seasoning Salute, I decided to give it a try on turkey. He raved about it on hamburgers so I thought it might go well with turkey. I was right.
I mixed a couple of tablespoons of 21 Seasoning Salute and 1/4 cup of mustard in a pound of 7% fat ground turkey. I like the 7% best cause it adds more flavor and I think the resulting patty is juicier. I pan fried the sliders and served them on whole wheat rolls with a little bit of lettuce, avocado and mayo. So yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Those look yummy. Safeway has a great deal on Jennie-O ground turkey on Friday (6/3) 3lb for $5.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.