Friday, June 17, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

I was pretty excited to read The Goddess Test from the first time I heard about it. Greek gods? Sign me up. And I was not disappointed. This was a delightfully sweet book.
Kate is moving to her mom's hometown, Eden. Kate's mom is dying and her last wish is to come back to Eden. I really identified with Kate who's been caring for her dying mother for 4 years. She's given up friends and her senior year to be with her mom. But once they relocate to Eden, Kate goes back to high school to finish her senior year. But school only lasts til she meets Henry, a gorgeous brooding fellow.
The gods and goddess in The Goddess Test are mostly teenagers. There's a couple of adults but most of the main gods and goddess (Ava, Dylan, James, Henry) are teens/young adults. So there's very little violence. No lighting bolts. A lot of normal teen drama (I like him, he doesn't seem to like me bullshit). I look forward to seeing if we move past the angst and the characters get a little more personality. And since I'm mildly griping, the end happened way too fast in my opinion. Especially the resolution with Kate's mom. I wanted a little more there.
Overall, recommended. It's a good beach read. Others who shared their thoughts on The Goddess Test: The Broke And The Bookish, Paranormal Indulgence, My Overstuffed Bookshelf, Library Queue, Debbie's World Of Books and Read. Breathe. Relax.
This was my sixteenth read for the YA Reading Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds really good and that cover is fantastic..Glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.