Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler

After reading Hunger (see my thoughts here), I was anxious to read Rage. I'm really enjoy this series. Rage is about Missy, a young girl tapped to fill the role of War. This was a difficult book to read. Missy is a cutter. I've never intentionally cut myself but I can see how she gains a sense of control. And in becoming War she has to balance that within herself. I enjoyed getting to know Missy. She definitely felt like a real person. Her problems, her concerns are what a lot of people go through. Death had a larger part in this book than in Hunger. I enjoyed learning a little more about him and seeing him interact with Missy.
Highly recommended. I cannot wait for the next in the series. Others who shared their thoughts on Rage: The Book Scout, Feeding My Book Addiction, Reading Angel, Electrifying Reviews and Bookish Delights.
This was my fifteenth read for the YA Reading Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I like how she takes teen problems (and adult prob for that matter) and put them in this setting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to read this series!! This one sounds pretty powerful!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.