Friday, September 9, 2011

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

I added Jane Eyre to my Original TBR challenge list because I've never read it and it's one of those classics "I should read". And since I really enjoyed it, I'm glad I finally read Jane Eyre.
Despite this being a classic, it's really just a boy-meets-girl-boy-and-girl-fall-in-love-boy-loses-girl-boy-and-girl-reunite. At the beginning Jane reminded me of another orphan I like-Harry Potter. She lives with her aunt and cousins who torment her. She goes to school where she begins to blossom. I immediately liked Jane. Her desire to find a place in this world was overwhelming and endearing. While she finds school more tolerable than her life with the Reeds, she really finds her place at Thornfield Hall where she becomes a governess and meets Mr Rochester. This is part where it kind of dragged for me. I liked the descriptions of house, the countryside. But it went on a little too long for me. I just had to wait til she found her way back to Mr Rochester.
I recommend Jane Eyre. I loved the language. Others who shared their thoughts on Jane Eyre: A Book Blog. Period, Library Queue, Erin Reads, The Lost Entwife, and Book Journey.
This was my sixth read for the Original TBR challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this book :) I am so happy I had to read it for a class

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one classic I own and REALLY want to read but just haven't gotten to it. I think maybe I'll read it this Fall because it might be the perfect book to cozy up to when the days get colder!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started it last year and sit it down and never picked it back up. I must get to it again!!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.