Monday, August 18, 2014

Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel

I added Dust Girl to my library queue after reading Becky's post about it. I wanted to read more about the Dust Bowl and that era. Dust Girl had that plus fairies. I do love book about the fae. Dust Girl combines the historical aspects I love plus the supernatural. I'm really glad I picked this one up.

Callie lives her with mom in Kanas. Their town, Slow-Run, is being slowly vacated by its residents. The dust storms are making it hard for people to continue to live there. Nothing grows and the dust makes people sick. One day, Callie's mom disappears and some strange people show up in Slow-Run. Callie befriends a young man, Jack, who promises to help her find her parents. Callie and Jack must run from the fae.

I liked Callie. She was smart but still learning about who she was. Jack is definitely more than meets the eye. He's going to get more interesting in the next book. If you like historical fiction and fairies, I would recommend Dust Girl. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. Others who shared their thoughts on Dust Girl: Becky's Book Reviews, The Book Smugglers, Buried In Books, and Diverse Pages.

1 comment:

Shiny! I love comments.