Monday, May 11, 2009

Farmer's Market Haul

I made it to the farmer's market this weekend. There wasn't a whole lot there yet. A lot of plants and crafts, but here's what I got:Fingerling potatoes, radishes, lettuce, salad onions, asparagus, and sunchokes. Tai had never had sunchokes before. He really didn't know what to make of them. If you've never had them they are crunchy like jicama with less flavor. I like them in salads or just to snack on. Not a bad haul. I can't wait til there's more fruit!

3 comments:

  1. I've never had sunchokes either, interesting.

    It'll be a while before all the good fruit gets here. There's also something inherently wrong with the grocery stores selling Florida grown sweet corn in Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i <3 farmer's markets! i'll have to try sunchokes, never had them and i lOVE jicama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had sunchokes, either. Our farmer's market started last weekend, but I didn't get there...hope to this week though.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.