Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekly Geek #13


Again with Memorial Day Weekend here in the U.S. starting traditionally on Friday evening, it also is unofficially the start of summer. You've probably been asked this in other meme groups in which you participate, but do your reading habits change over the summer? Do you choose lighter fare? What do you enjoy to take to the beach, for example? What is the ultimate summer book?

I don't change my reading habits in the summer. I used to do the whole beach read/trashy novel approach. But now I just read whatever is in my pile. But there is something about reading a trashy novel while laying by a pool! I would recommend something like Second Assistant or one of the Shopaholic books. Keep it light and fluffy!

3 comments:

  1. I found it rather interesting to see the suggeted summer reading section at B&N this weekend. Mixed in with the trashy novels and the like were more heavy stuff like 1984, animal farm, and shakespeare.

    I didn't think any of those were really light, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't change my habits either, nut yes I rather take one of my own books to the beach than a library book so that might play in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty much the same year round. I do tend to like novels set in the winter or around Christmastime for my fall and winter reading - but for summer it's whatever sounds interesting! I've never been a huge trashy novel girl, although I giggled my way through the Bridget Jones books. Okay, I know they're not really "trashy", but they're not murder mysteries either.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.