Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ballad By Maggie Stiefvater

Someone please tell me there are more books after this. I don't think I can handle not reading more about James and Nuala. 
Ballad is the sequel to Lament. As much as I like Lament, I loved Ballad more. Instead of the story revolving around Dee, Ballad is the story of James, Dee's best friend, and Nuala, a leanan sidhe. Leanan sidhe need humans to keep them alive. At first James is Nuala's mark, her next victim, but something changes in both of them. It's a beautiful, haunting story. I was racing to the end to see how this turned out. 
I loved how the music was so much apart of the story. I loved how James would wake up with music filling his head and blurring his eyes. I loved that he wrote the songs on his arms and his music teacher played the song off his arms. James is a musician and I have a soft spot for a guy who plays an instrument.
Absolutely loved both Ballad and Lament and would recommend them to those who like books about faeries. Others who read Ballad and shared their thoughts: Paperback Dolls, Reverie Book Reviews, and The Reading Labyrinth.

4 comments:

  1. That good....she is good, oh, now I want this .D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize she wrote things other than the Shiver series! This sounds fantastic. I'll keep it in mind next time I need some good YA fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one until your review but now I feel like I must get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved BALLAD too!!! I like this series even better than her Wolves of Mercy Falls series--although that one is good too. In fact... I think BALLAD may actually be my favorite Maggie Stiefvater book. So far...

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.