Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Carne Asada and Homemade Tortillas

I bought this gorgeous piece of strip steak the other day to make fajitas but changed my mind and made carne asada instead. I marinated it when I got home for work but life intervened and I didn't cook the steak til the next day. Fail, I know! But the meat was super soft and not mushy at all. I would not recommended it but it didn't ruin my meal.
And what are those pathetic discs on the side? Homemade tortillas I whipped up almost as an afterthought. We buy tortillas but sometimes we don't use them before they go bad. I found this super simple tortilla recipe and gave it a try. Tai was a litte skeptical, but deemed them ok. I will definately try to make them again.

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty. Even the homemade tortillas.

    I need to figure out how to make homemade pitas and naan.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.