Saturday, April 9, 2011
Readathon-Mid Event Survey
I just finished the Hunger Games. I'm getting ready to start Catching Fire. So glad I bought all 3.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Two. I finished A Separate Country this morning.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Both Catching Fire and Mockingjay.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No, I just told everyone I was busy today. It helps that my car is in the shop so I don't have transportation! My hubby, Tai, is home so he could run me somewhere if I needed. His car is a manual and I only know how to drive automatics.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Tai decided to stay home. He originally had plans but changed them when it became apparent we wouldn't have my car back today. He didn't want to leave me with a vehicle. While he understands that I'm reading all day he still wants to interact so I told him to interrupt me when he wants. He's mostly been playing his computer this afternoon.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
As a first time reader, I'm struggling to have time to read. I want to interact with other readers and cheerleaders. It's all a huge balancing act!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
This is wonderful. I have no suggestions now. Maybe as time goes on.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I'd set things up a little better for me. I planned my books but not my snacks or breaks. I also would have preset some of the post.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I was after lunch but got my second wind. I thought I would have needed a nap by now!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
No, but I look forward to hearing other's tips!