Friday, January 27, 2012

Did Not Finish Report

This is a first for me. I think this is the most books I’ve ever abandoned in a month. Perhaps it’s because it’s the start of the year and I don’t want to waste time reading something that isn’t appealing to me, but here’s what I haven’t been able to complete.

The Swerve- I was really looking forward to this one. But just because a book wins awards doesn’t mean I’m going to enjoy it. There’s a ton of history in this book, some I really enjoyed. Ultimately I felt like I was reading a school textbook. When I couldn’t muster any enthusiasm, I had to put it aside.

Corsets and Clockwork-Sadly, I had just read Home Improvement, another anthology. Too many anthologies. I might pick it up again in the future.





Eating India-I had high hopes for this one too. Part memoir, part travelogue, part history of Indian food. But like The Swerve after time, I started dreading reading it. I think it was the tone and voice of her writing that I ultimately disliked.







Did you read any of these? What did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any, but Eating India was on my list. I may rethink that. I've had trouble finishing anything this month too, I read so many books in December, it's like I got burned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read nay of these!! When it starts to read like a textbook i run the other way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of Corsets and Clockwork, but it's been quite some time since I've read an anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, it's always hard to admit defeat and put down a not-that-great book. I'm bad at reading anthologies (and short stories), those rarely get finished unless there's something to tie them together/keep my interest going after one ends.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.