Sunday, October 13, 2013

Readathon - The Wrap Up Post


Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 20 again. I can't seem to make it past midnight my time. 

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Again I suggest graphic novels. Although the 2 I read this year were a little more thought provoking than I anticipated.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope. I think it's a great event.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything. The volunteers, cheerleaders, and hosts make the Read-a-thon a great event.

How many books did you read?
Three.

What were the names of the books you read?
Love Minus Eighty by Will McIntosh, The Arrival by Shaun Tan, and Rubber Stuck Baby by Howard Cruse.

Which book did you enjoy most?
All three were very enjoyable.

Which did you enjoy least?
Rubber Stuck Baby was a little slower to read than I anticipated. I kept thinking I would put aside but I decided to keep reading it. 

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Wasn't a cheerleader but thought the cheerleaders did a great job.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Will definitely participate in April as a reader again.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't read any graphic novels this year, but I plan to add some to my stack for April.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.