Monday, December 10, 2007

Two Meals for the Price of One....

Well, not really. Two completely unrelated meals that I decided to write about in this one post. Lucky you!
I made this maple mustard pork Sunday night. I had been dying to make it for a week. I found the recipe at Living A Full Life. Tai and I bought 10 lbs of pork a week ago so I've been trying to find yummy pork recipes. The pork was delicious. I made the apples exactly as the recipe called, but they weren't very soft. I would recommend cooking them longer or baking them along side the pork, in a separate container. The green stuff is a cabbage salad that Tai asked me to make. It was something he used to eat in LA and wanted me to recreate. It's chopped cabbage, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and mint. Mix to taste. Very refreshing.
This is tonight's dinner. I took chicken thighs and pounded them a little flatter to make them quicker to cook. I took panko bread crumbs, seasoned them with Italian herb seasoning and a little bit of red pepper flakes (for a kick). I fried them in peanut oil. Obviously you can see that I put the chicken on a bed of pasta and homemade pasta sauce. Yummy! This entire meal is of my own creation although I would say it's chicken parm but there's no cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.