Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Now & Then

Then: August 2001

Age: 25
Romantic Status: Single
Occupation: I was working for a housing program
Fun Night Out: Going out dancing with Ashley or hanging out with Jen and Michelle and their hubbys
My BFF: Ashley
I spent way too much time: waiting for the phone to ring
I spent not enough Ttme: working out
I wanted to be when I grew up: I wanted to manage a program
Biggest concern: finding a boyfriend
What my biggest concern should have been: my growing debt
Where did I live: in my first apartment
The dumbest thing I did that year: I went out with the same asshole twice. I broke up with him once and gave him a second chance a few months later. He didn't change; he was still an asshole.
If I could go back, what would I tell myself: Stop spending money and save some!
Picture of me then:
I loved that shirt and would wear to go out dancing all the time.

Now: August 2011

Age: 35

Romantic Status: Married
Occupation: I work with seniors
Fun Night Out: Dinner and a movie with friends and/or Tai
My BFF: Ashley and Marta
I spend way too much time: on facebook
I spend not enough time: working out
I want to be when I Grow Up: Independently wealthy!
Biggest Concern: Paying down debt
What my biggest concern should be: Paying down Debt
Where do I live: In an apartment with Tai
The dumbest thing I did this year: When we were in Portland, I left the parking lights on in the car and the battery died. We wasted an afternoon waiting for someone to jump start the car!
What would I say to myself in 10 years: I hope all the creams I'm using prevented some wrinkles!

Summary:

What I Miss Most from 2001: My old job. It was the best.
What I Miss Least from 2001: My old long distance boyfriend. It took way too long for me to get rid of him. We were off and on for 7 years.
What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: Building a comfortable life surrounded by wonderful friends and an amazing husband.

What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Paid off debt, gone back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.