Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekly Geek-Book Quotes #1

This week on Weekly Geeks it's all about quote. Everyday I'll be posting a new quote. My theme is books!

"Some books leave us free and some books make us free." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have to admit I've never read anything by Emerson. But I usually like his quotes. And I really like this quote. I've read books that I as just glad to finish. Certainly some of the books on the 1001 books list. I was pretty glad when I was done with the Golden Ass!
But some books free us from old ideas and preconceived notions. I haven't read a book like this in awhile, but I certainly keep on the look out for books that challenge me rather than repeat theories I already agree with. Anyone read a good challenging book lately?

3 comments:

  1. Infidel by Ayaan Hirisi Ali
    Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler
    Parable of the Sower by Octavia

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.