Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekly Geek-Book Quotes #2

"A classic is something that everyone wants to have read and nobody wants to read." Mark Twain

I love Mark Twain quotes. He's so witty and real. Here's a man that wrote some classics. I read a few of his books in high school. But I wish I read more of his books since so many of them are classics. But I haven't put a single on my to be read pile.
One reason I decided to attempt the 1001 book list was to read more of those classics. Books people say you should read. Those books are rarely on the top 10 and rarely easy reads. Some of them feel like work! That's why we read so many of them in high school and college!
I'm all about expanding my horizons, so what's your favorite classic? What book should I have read?

2 comments:

  1. What I love a lot about all the classics are that they're so cheap.

    I've picked up The Hunchback, Dracula, Frankenstein (which I think everyone should read, but also go in realized it's nothing like the classic Whale film), The Picture of Dorian Gray, and the words of Alexandre Dumas.

    If you love Twain I'd recommend the works of Wilde, especially his plays. I just recently learned that he also wrote some Fairy Tales, I read a few and I love them. It's amazing how he can good he is at recognizing and parablizing human foibles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite classics are anything by John Steinbeck and I love that Twain quote!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.