So, here it is, 7 things you didn’t realize you needed to know about me and food…
1. I hate tuna casserole. When I was a kid, I caught the flu right after eating it for the first time. It wasn't the casserole, but I still associate it with being sick.
2. I usually don't eat leftovers. I will eat pizza, Chinese and Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. Tai will eat all our leftovers so no food goes to waste usually.
3. I'd never had real mayo til I went to college. Mom used Miracle Whip my whole life. But when I got to college, they didn't have Miracle Whip so I tried real mayo. I love it and refuse to use anything else.
4. I love trying new foods and look for opportunities to try something new. But if I am hungry, I lose all rational thought and only want bread or a cheeseburger. Or both.
5. I don't like tomatoes on my sandwich only cause they tend to make sandwiches soggy. But I usually like tomatoes in all other situations except for in spinach salads. Yucky combo in my mind.
6. I like veggies that most people don't-brussel sprouts, beets, cabbage, etc. I can't think of a vegetable I don't like.
7. I love all types of Asian cuisine-Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. When I went to college in a tiny Ohio town there was no Thai and I was seriously into Pad Thai back then. Four long years with no Pad Thai, no Pho, no Sushi, no Korean short ribs. I'd come home on breaks and eat as much Asian food as I could.