Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Library Loot


 Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
 
Just 2 this week. Tai's kind of nervous that we have too many books. Most of them are for him so he's worried about getting through them all. I got Strange Brew since it's an anthology with some our current favorite authors. And I Can Make You Sleep is for Tai since he has insomnia. I told him to read it but I'll probably read it for him. It has a disc on meditation and relaxation. Hopefully we can give them a try.
I finished Magic To The Bone last week. It was ok. I don't know if I'll read the rest of the series. I have too many serieses(what is the plural of series?) to read. I'm trying to read Wild Cards but it's hard for me to get into. But I'll keep trying.
What did you get this week?

6 comments:

  1. The UF/PR in your library, wow :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Pushing Daisies Season 1, Disc 2. Does that count? Haha. I've been reading Lord of the Flies from the library--getting close to being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have problems with sleeping, so I have had some success with the following.

    I have found that relaxation tapes are surprisingly effective.

    Try to have a set time for sleep, so you must go to sleep at x o'clock every day. Eventually your body will automatically feel tired.

    Another effective way is to go to bed, whether you sleep or not it doesn't matter, at a certain time every night and wake up at say 7 am. It doesn't matter if you have 2 hours sleep or none at all, eventually or hopefully you become so tired you physically can't stay awake.

    Those have worked for me, although I don't suffer from insomnia so they might not be as successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not being able to sleep is horrible - I hope the book helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have insomnia also. I'm going to put I Can Make you Sleep on my reading list. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pretty sure that I have Strange Brew on my TBR list to read at some point.

    Hope you get some handy sleep tips. Nothing worse than walking around tired all the time.

    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.