Friday, November 13, 2009

Tai's Fragrance Choices

When I met Tai I thought he was pretty low key. He didn't seem to need a lot of time to get ready or have a lot of "beauty" products. But after a while I realized he did have some things he was high maintenance about. At first I didn't notice that he wore cologne every day. At first I thought he was just trying for me, but no he wears cologne everyday and he likes to have a bunch to choose from.
At first he just had Obsession.

But right around our first Christmas together he mentioned he was running out, so I could him the Calvin Klein sampler of men's fragrances which included Obession, CK One, Eternity, and Euphoria.

 
He really liked all of them and they lasted him a while. But Jeff took him fragrance shopping and he came home with an old favorite of his.

Tai used to wear this when he lived in LA. He hadn't been able to find it locally here. He didn't want me to buy it online since it might break in route or be the wrong scent. But he found it when he went shopping with Jeff. This is his current everyday scent.
But when he was shopping with Jeff he also discovered a new scent. He raved about it and took me to Macy's to check it out.


Neither of us are a fan of the packaging but I admit it smells good on him. I bought him a bottle as a just cause gift. This is his special occasion fragrance.
I have one bottle of perfume. Tai bought it for me when we first started dating.


I still have about 3/4 of the bottle. I rarely wear perfume. I prefer scented lotions so I only wear it when I have unscented lotion which is rare for me.
What about you? What's your favorite fragrance?

7 comments:

  1. I'm nuts about Daisy, it's about the only perfume I've ever smelled where I wear it because the smell makes me happy not because I feel I need to have perfume on for a special occasion.

    My husband is not a cologne wearer and only owns some because his parents thought that might help him get girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say that I have worked with your hubby in fairly close quarters and he never wore any scent that sent my sinuses into overdrive. I, in fact, enjoyed working with someone whom smelled good!

    My scent of choice is White Shoulders, but I don't often use it. I am highly allergic to many scents I don't feel that in an office situation, it is appropriate to slather oneself with a scent..while you like it, others may not.

    For everyday use, I prefer scented lotions or body washes. My favorite is the Jasmine scent of Flying Fox from Lush Cosmetics(http://bit.ly/49TIJ1) because it stays with you for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly all perfumes trigger migraines for me, on me or other people. I did recently find a perfume oil called "Anne Bonny" (for those who don't know, it's named after the notorious 19th century female pirate) from the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. You can order samples, as I did because I was sure nothing would work for me. But this does. It's a mix of pachouli, frankensence (sp?), and sandalwood. I really like it. And it doesn't bother me. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brett doesn't wear any cologne, but he does wear smelly (haha) deodorant. It's All-Spice or something. But he has asthma, so I don't think he wants to wear much smelly things.

    My all-time favorite ever perfume is Miss Dior Cherie. I bought it when we were in Los Angeles because I couldn't find it anywhere in TN, but since Sephora has come to town, I find it everywhere. Plus for me, I guess? I don't wear it everyday because I'm in close contact with a lot of people and I don't know if they're allergic to perfumes or not. I do wear it on special occasions though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, first of all, I have to tell you that I love it that Tai has a "special occasion" cologne!!

    Chris doesn't really wear cologne. Not sure why.
    I like Chanel, and that DKNY apple series. There's a bunch of others I've smelled and liked, but those are the tops on my list. Chris bought me a huge bottle of the Chanel #5 Eau Premiere last year for Christmas, and that's what I've been wearing this year. Still have around 1/2 to 3/4 of the bottle left, but I'd like something else to wear and change it out with. So we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I am not sure. My grandpa was the vice president of a French perfuming company so I always receive a lot of unnamed scents. There are quite a few very delicious ones, but I don't know what they're called.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tai sounds worse than a woman about cologne LOL!! I like Sheer Obsession but I'm like you...I can have a lot of different lotions!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.