Monday, December 12, 2011

Ganymede by Cherie Priest


I've been really enjoying the Clockwork Century series so I was happy to get my hands on Ganymede. I think Priest really hit her groove in this one, combining real history with fictional steampunk components.
At the start of Ganymede we're back in Seattle with Brier and Cly. Cly gets a letter from an old flame calling him back to New Orleans for a mysterious job. It happens to be advantageous time for him to make the trip South. A Seattle businessman wants to make improvements to Seattle but needs things found outside the Northwest. This trip could be very profitable to Cly. I loved Civil War era New Orleans. Priest really made the Big Easy come alive.
Great continuation of the series. I'm really looking forward to the next one. Others who shared their thoughts on Ganymede: Karissa's Reading Review, The Merry Genre Go Around Reviews, and Val's Random Comments.
This is my eighth read for the War Through The Generations challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Hm..maybe I should give these a go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wait until Christmas morning to start reading this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. you're selling me on this mix genre!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished it last night, and I think it's the best one of hers yet- and that's saying a lot since both Boneshaker and Dreadnought (and the little mini-story Clementine) were all fantastic. Can't wait for the next tale in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first in the series and liked it, but wasn't sure I wanted to continue on with the series. I should check at the library, they're lots of fun if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYYYY. I read it a couple of months back now. LOVED IT. LOVE LOVE LOVE :D haha

    *loves the clockwork century series*

    I've yet to get my hands on a copy of Clementine yet... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your review will be featured on War Through the Generations on Dec. 20.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.