Monday, December 26, 2011

The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore

I choose The Stupidest Angel for the Christmas Spirit Challenge cause I love Christopher Moore. I'm glad I did because this one was no different than his other darkly humorous tales.
So we're back in Pine Cove (the same setting for Practical Demonkeeping and The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove) for Christmas. The town is filled with toursits, charmed by the quaintness of Pine Cove. But everything is business as usual for the residents. Lena and her ex, Dale, get into an altercation over a donation to the Salvation Army. Molly is having a hard staying with reality when she's off her meds. Theo, the town sheriff and Molly's husband, has a missing man, a mysterious glowing man, and a little boy's secret to contend with. I love this crazy cast of characters. At the beginning it's hard to keep everyone straight but all the stories start to mesh and it makes sense (sort of) very quickly.
Not your typical holiday story but filled with zombies, sex, drugs, and liquor. Still it ends up with a very Merry Christmas. Others who shared their thoughts on The Stupidest Angel: The Blue Bookcase, The Guilded Earlobe, and Bookgoonie.
This was my third read for The Christmas Spirit Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I've never read any of this books but so many people enjoy them. I may have to add this author to my list for 2012.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.