Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Slow Cooker Tuesday-Coq Au Vin

Coq Au Vin is one of those "fancy" dishes I would order at a restaurant but never think of making at home. What is it about French food that sounds difficult? But when I spied this recipe on the Whole Foods website, I realized that Coq Au Vin might not be so difficult.
What is Coq Au Vin? It's chicken cooked in wine. Sounds so much easier when you hear that, right?
Tips on the recipe:
I used bone in thighs and removed the bone before serving.
I followed the commenters advice and tripled the liquid. Great idea.
I used a 4 quart crockpot and cooked it for 6 hours.
This recipe takes time. It's a great weekend meal. I served it with sweet potatoes but you could serve it with rice or pasta. 

4 comments:

  1. Can I admit I always thought there was more to Coq au Vin than chicken in wine? Haha, love how easy it is when you take the french out of it. And put it in a crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! It still sounds good as chicken and wine! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was just asking if I could try to make coq au vin. Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those fancy words for such a simple sounding recipe!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.