Friday, February 17, 2012

Elevenses

No snacks but eleven random facts about me and eleven questions from Shoshanah


Rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.

11 Random Things


1. I have the opposite of a reading slump. I want to read and read and read. Obstacles to reading include working, sleeping and eating.

2. I have a three day weekend coming up and I took an extra day off so I can read more.

3. Although reading An Everlasting Meal has made me want to cook more.

4. We recently got an xBox 360. I was hoping a Kinect was going to be my Valentine's Day present. It wasn't.

5. But I did get some beautiful roses and 2 dozen chocolate covered strawberries. 


6. I shared a dozen of those strawberries with my coworker. 

7. The other dozen are all mine :)

8. My local grocery store had a really good deal on Vitaminwater and Poweraide. I went a little crazy and bought 130 bottles. I have little storage issue right now.

9. I really like Vitaminwater but only the XXX kind. All the other flavors are tolerable. 

10. I tend to horde candy and snack items. I'll buy a box of cookies, eat a few, and keep the rest for later. Except I tend to forget about them and go out and get more cookies later. Tai finds boxes of cookies with half or less missing all the time.

11. I did our taxes and we owe again :( Boo!


11 Questions from Shoshanah
1. What's your favorite type of candy?

Depends. I like M&M's, red vines, and Jolly Ranchers. 

2. What's the last book you read that you really loved?

An Everlasting Meal. Such great ideas. I've been recommending to random people (like a checker at the grocery store).

3. How many phone numbers do you have memorized?

One-my dad's number.

4. What are 3 things you'd love to have in a dream house?

A fireplace in my bathroom, a balcony, and a game room.

5. The beach or the mountains?

Mountains.

6. What's your earliest childhood memory?

I remember watching Jimmy Carter giving a speech on tv. I really liked him since he was the peanut man. I must have been about 4 years old. 

7. What's the last thing you ate?

I roasted some carrots and bell peppers and I snuck a few. They are for my lunch tomorrow.

8. What's your favorite type of drink to order out at a bar?

I usually get a jack and coke. Hard to screw up and I like it. 

9. If you could live in any state (or country), where would you pick?

I love living in Washington but I'd love to try living in other places like New York, California, Texas, Paris, London, Sydney.

10. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?

I don't subscribe to any magazines. 

11. If you were to use one of my questions, for the questions you choose to ask, which one would you choose?

What's the last thing you ate?


Questions from me
1. What's your signature dish to make? 
2. Two week, all expenses paid vacation. Where would you go?
3. What internet site (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc) do you waste the most time on?
4. What's something you always have in your fridge?
5. What's the last thing you ate?
6. Favorite drink (alcoholic or not)?
7. What's your favorite article of clothing?
8. If you have an e-reader, should I get one? If you don't have one, do you want one and why?
9. Favorite supernatural creature (ie fairies, vampires, etc)? If you hate supernatural creatures, then favorite genre of books.
10. What's your favorite free activity outside your home?
11. What's one food from your childhood that you can't make that you miss?


I'm tagging 


Sabrina
The Cheerful Homemaker
Newlyweds Next Door
Linda
Lisa
Rebekah Anne
Erin
Staci
Allie
Jules
Erin

3 comments:

  1. I should do this today :)

    Ove 100 bottles!? Lol, yes I can see that you got storage issues

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to store items too!! Sometimes I feel like the end of time is coming but other days it's just because I'm too lazy to go to the store!!! You were nice about sharing the strawberries...I would've ate them all!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love faeries. My dream vacation involves a luxury resort, beach, hiking, yoga, running, and reading. I have a Kindle and iPad. I love both, but the Kindle is MUCH better for reading. I always have onions in my fridge. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.