Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weekend Cooking: Baked Tofu

There was a restaurant in Seattle when I was a teen that served the best baked tofu I ever had. Sadly that place closed up and I've been looking for tofu that was as good. I've attempted to make it on my own but it failed to live up to my memories. But I finally found a recipe that produced the results I was looking for.
I used the seasonings that the first commenter used-soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. It was delicious and I can't wait to make it again. I served it with roasted broccoli (olive oil, salt, and pepper).

Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

10 comments:

  1. I love baked tofu also and can never reproduce what I've had at good Chinese or vegetarian restaurants. I'll have to give your recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks yummy even though I have to confess I've never eaten tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not the biggest tofu fan, but it all depends on how you prepare it. With something like tofu this is certainly a fact. This looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried Tofu... once and the texture made it a fail for me... however perhaps cooking it this way may change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! Cool that you were able to find a recipe like the one from the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious. I've never tried baked tofu before only the fried tofu.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember baked tofu being really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would brave the baked tofu! I had it in Japan and couldn't stomach it, but this way sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love baked tofu--so simple and basic, but good! Have you ever tried using frozen-then-thawed tofu for it? It's a completely different texture, and worth experimenting with. I like it better, but I've heard opinions both ways.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.