Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Library Loot

 Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


Today's loot is full of something I rarely check out-cookbooks!

I passed this one the shelf, did a double take, and picked it up. That pile of mussels definitely caught my attention. When I got home, I showed the cover to Tai and said don't you want me to learn to make mussels. He agreed that that the picture looked delicious and agreed that having mussels at home would be a treat.
Tai's first wife was Armenian and Tai loved the food her family would make. Living in L.A., there are plenty of Armenian restaurants so he never really missed Armenian food til moving to Seattle. We don't seem to have any Armenian restaurants so I decided I would learn to make a few dishes. 

What did you get this week?

8 comments:

  1. Both of these look delicious!

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using the library for cookbooks - I usually check out at least one a week, searching for dinner-time inspiration, though I usually forget to include them in my Loot! Both of these sound very intriguing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the library cookbooks but seldom do more than drool over the pictures.
    Don't like mussels at all so I'd give that a miss.
    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes!! I expect pictures of al those tasty dishes you will be conjuring up in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love checking cookbooks out of the library. I bet these both have some delicious recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always cruise the new non fiction shelf at my library for new cookbooks. It's such a great way to explore new foods at home without buying the cookbook first!

    The only way I prepare mussels at home is in paella. I should find some new recipes!

    I like Armenian food, too! Hope you find some great recipes in that one.. Heck I like any food. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did an entire week of cookbook crushes from the library - why didn't I put Elizabeth??? I'm looking for this at my local library tomorrow - thank you for the great reminder.

    xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.