Friday, January 4, 2013

December Book Tally and End of Year Wrap Up

December Book Tally

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day Winifred Winston

Her Fearful Symmetry by  Audrey Niffenegger
Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
Son by Lois Lowry
Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio
Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
Saga vol 1 by Brian K Vaughn
The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap by Paulette Mahurin
Blankets by Craig Thompson
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
Stumptown vol 1 by Greg Rucka
The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas
Demon Knights vol 1 by Paul Cornell
Amulet vol 5 by Kazu Kibuishi

Fifteen books! I had a lot of time for reading but I also had a bunch of books that sucked me in. Towards the end of December, I got really sick and had a hard time reading. So I read 3 graphic novels in 2 days. 

So how did I do on my goals?

  1. Read Pride and Prejudice-Fail. I thought I owned Pride and Prejudice but I own Sense and Sensibility. I was too sick to go out and buy a copy before the end of 2012. 
  2. Participate in the War Through The Generation challengeThe Western Genre challenge, and the Foodies Read 2 challenge.-I met my goal for the War through The Generation challenge and exceeded my goal for the Foodie Read 2 Challenge. I failed at my goal for the Western Genre. 
  3. I'm keeping reading goal at 100. -I met my goal and exceeded it. 
  4. Participate in Weekend Cooking. I've been invited numerous times to participate and I'm going to start in January. I'll still have my slow cooker Tuesdays but post non-slow cooker recipes on Saturdays. -I've been participating in Weekend Cooking for most of the year. 
Now all the stats!

Total books read: 128 (5 more than last year)
Total number of pages read: 39,863 (1823 more pages than last year)

 YA continues to be my largest genre of books read. I read less graphic novels than last year. These are not all the books I read just the most popular ones for me.
I still read more books by women than men. This is still about the same as last year.

How was your reading in 2012?

3 comments:

  1. I should have done cool stats like you did, just so much counting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stats.

    How was Lois Lowry's Son? I love that trilogy. Well, I guess it's not a trilogy anymore since she wrote the fourth book. That was kind of a surprise.

    Also, jealous you read Saga. I'm still looking for that at my libraries. And omg! How did I not know Amulet 5 came out?!!? ANd why hasn't my library gotten it?! Ack!

    Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. December was a pretty darn good month!!! Sorry that towards the end of the month you were sick!!!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.