Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading In 30 Years


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Top Ten Books Written In The Past Ten Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading In 30 Years

1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I still talk about this book. I can see myself re-reading it every year. 
2. The Riders of The Apocalypse series by Jackie Morse Kessler. Such a great series. I think everyone should read this series.
3. An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adler. This book restarted my love of cooking.
4. Across The Universe by Beth Revis. Such a wonderful book. I loved the story and I can't wait for the rest of the series.
5. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I still recommend this book to people all the time.
6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know people will be still reading this one for years.
7. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. This is the book started me on the locavore path. 
8. The Help by Katheryn Stockett. Another one I'm sure people will be reading for years.
9. Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher. Another book I recommend to everyone.
10. Y: The Last Man by Brian K Vaughn. My favorite graphic novel series. I love the story line and the characters. 


What book do you hope that people will be reading in 30 years?

7 comments:

  1. I didn't include any Kingsolver books on my list because I've only read The Poisonwood Bible, and I had extremely mixed feelings about it. HOWEVER, I do agree that she should be part of the canon, and I think her writing is stellar. I've been told not to judge her by Poisonwood, and to read more of her books, which I hope to do in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about Across the Universe, but I would have included it! A Million Suns too!

    Great list!

    Check out my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your list :) It's got a bunch of titles on it that I haven't seen on other lists! I love how you put The Help on it. That book is marvelous!
    Cute blog by the way :) +New Gfc follower.
    Here's my TopTenTuesday Post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hearing some great things about Ready Player One! I am going to have to give that one a shot! I actually have not read The Help either but I think I will try to get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Almost Perfect and wish that more people talked about this one for sure!! Great list of choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should get Ready Player One on audio. Will Wheaton reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one I've read on your list is The Help, but I did love it.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.