Monday, February 6, 2017

The Mothers by Brit Bennet

I added my name to the miles long hold list for The Mothers because folks were raving about it. I was not disappointed. Bennett's debut novel is amazing. I certainly enjoyed reading it.

I want to tell you all about The Mothers. Introduce you to the characters but I'll spoil too much. And I could never do Bennett's characters justice. This is a book you'll want to savor. Bennett's writing is beautiful. These gorgeous character jump off the page and steal your heart. They feel like people you know, maybe even you. Nothing felt contrived to me. The Mothers felt real, like something I was watching happen. I can't wait to read her next book. Others who shared their thoughts on The Mothers: The Beauty of Literature, That's What She Read, and Reading Books Like A Boss.
This satisfies the Read A Debut novel category for the 2017 Read Harder Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny! I love comments.