Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Scaredy Cat Goes To A Horror Movie

I'm a scaredy cat. I don't go to scary movies period. Tai loves scary movies. When he heard about Paranormal Activity, he asked me to go. I've been watching some scary movies (The Thing, Alien) at home, with the lights on. I've been getting better about them. But Paranormal Activity was showing at midnight. Since Tai really wanted to go, I decided to try it (this should earn me major brownie points).
Here's the trailer:

Holy fucking shit (excuse my language)! This movie was so scary. The movie was almost sold out. The crowd was prepared to be scared and got into the movie. They were screaming and some of their reactions made the movie better.  I did have to hide a few times; I missed the last 5 minutes of the movie because I was too scared to look at the screen.But I know what happened since Tai filled me in.
This movie is similar to Blair Witch since it's a mockumentary although I did forget that towards the end. But it's mostly steadycam rather than someone running through the forest carrying a camera. So you won't feel sick from the motion of the camera.
If you like scary movies and Paranormal Activity is playing in your area (it's not achieved wide release yet) check it out.

11 comments:

  1. What, hide? I don't wanna see it then, though I am good with these cos I always figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayayayayayaay!!!!!

    I LOVE scary movies like that. I'm not a huge "horror" movie person - too much gore - but I LOVE LOVE LOVE movies like this! We even got online to sign the petition to get it here in Dallas. The closest it's playing to us is in Austin (3 hours away) - boo.

    I'm glad to hear it's not a jerky camera- that's what really really bothered me about Blair Witch. I had to actually put my head down and leave the theater b/c I felt so sick. I was worried this would be similar, so I'm glad to hear it's not.

    Now I really want to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love scary movies! That is Geof's favorite genre too. We definitely need to see this movie. Thanks for posting the thumbs up. I hate when horror movies are lame. Jennifer's Body looks horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of scary movies either. I always lay in bed and think something is coming to get me in the dark. Occasionally I watch one, when I feel like torturing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhhh! not a fan of scary movies. i'm such a baby! yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate scary movies....they could come true!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good lord...my BF will love this..I will show him this blog.. he has been waiting for a review. have you seen something similar-- I forget the name...hand held webcam--oh yes quarantine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great! I LOVE scary movies during the month of October...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love scary movies too!
    This one is on my list.
    I liked the bad language it really told us how you truly felt. No excuses necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm sooo trying to talk the hubby into seeing this! i LOVE/HATE scary movies! I love the intrigue, but cower under a jacket for the scary parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard quite a bit about this movie. It does look awfully creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.