Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chicken in a Crockpot times two!

I was going to post 3 chicken crockpot recipes but we ate the third one without taking an pictures. Oh well!
In an effort to have healthy meals and less stress when I come home from the gym, I've hauled out the crockpot. I made two real winners last week that I wanted to share.
First chicken cacciatore. I started with this recipe, but got lazy. Real lazy. I didn't feel like opening cans of tomato sauce at 6am so I used 2 jars of spaghetti sauce. Nine hours later, I got this:
So here's my tweaked recipe:

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 onion, diced
6 oz can of sliced mushrooms
1 bell pepper, diced
2 jars of spaghetti sauce

Put onion at the bottom of the pot. Add chicken, mushrooms and bell pepper. Pour spaghetti sauce over the top. Cook on low for 7-9 hours. Serve over pasta.

The whole house smelled so good. I'll definitely make this one again.

The next recipe comes courtesy of Pinterest. Chicken and dumplings in the crockpot. I wouldn't make this on a weekday since it doesn't take more than 5 hours to cook for the chicken plus another hour for the dumplings. The food smelled so good. After work, I don't think I could wait to make the dumplings!
I followed this recipe pretty closely. And got this:
So good. The chicken was so tender and sauce was delicious. This recipe is a keeper!
Made anything good in your crockpot lately?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these! I'm always looking for something new and delicious to cook in the old crockpot. The chicken cacciatore looks really good. I've made chicken and dumplings in the crockpot before and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crock pot recipes! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love that you posted pics of these too and times...I will have to make both of these!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.